We have something special for everyone today. Choose to enjoy these during breakfast or for dessert is completely up to you but we suggest giving them both a try. You can eat these with a side of fruit in the morning for a Friday treat or heat these little babies up and serve them with a side of ice cream for a chocolatey dessert a la mode. These muffins only take about 40 mins to make from start to finish.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
½ stick of butter
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups flour
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon espresso powder
½ tablespoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup Teasia Coffee Indian Monsooned Malabar coffee, cooled
¼ cup sour cream (if you don’t have it, skip it!)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter or spray your muffin tin.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add butter and half of the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat and stir chocolate until completely melted and then let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl stir together all of the dry ingredients. (Leaving out the leftover chocolate).
- Add in your Teasia Coffee Indian Monsooned Malabar coffee, sour cream, egg and vanilla extract to the bowl with melted chocolate and mix. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl, whisk quickly. Stir in remaining chocolate.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and let them cool for 5 minutes.
Make sure you get your hands on the Teasia Coffee Indian Monsooned Malabar coffee for the best tasting chocolate chunk coffee muffins around!
In the comments below let us know if you tried these muffins for breakfast or dessert!