How much do you love chocolate and especially during the cold winter months you’re always reaching out to make that hot chocolate topped with whipped cream? Here’s our twist bringing Earl Grey Tea infused with everyone’s favorite, CHOCOLATE!
This rich, thick and creamy drink will surely be popular so make sure you have enough to share. We can make this in so many ways and today we will our version along with some non-dairy tips.
2 Teasia Earl Grey Kcups
1 cup whole milk (2% works well too- We will share our non-dairy version later)
½ cup heavy cream
5 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped
Optional: Sugar for additional sweetness
1/3 cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon sugar
- In a small pot, heat milk and heavy cream on low setting, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn. Once small bubbles start to form along the sides, turn off heat.
- Brew Teasia Earl Grey kcups per brewing instructions.
- Turn heat to low setting and pour tea into mixture.
- Stir in finely chopped chocolate until chocolate is completely melted.
Optional Cream Topping:
- Combine sugar and heavy cream by using a hand whisk until cream thickens and before soft peaks form. You can also use a hand mixer to speed things up.
Pour hot chocolate tea into two mugs and top with whipped cream. Garnish with shaved chocolate and enjoy!
PRO TIP: If you’re looking for a drink with fewer calories, try this recipe with almond or soy milk and skip the cream topping.