Introducing Teasia’s newest tea flavor: Chai Tea!
Spring has sprung and it is finally weather we can count on again. It’s getting warmer and it’s the perfect time to enjoy some fresh air outside. It’s not too hot but it’s not too chilly. Teasia is choosing to celebrate with our latest addition to our International series, Teasia Chai Tea. Teasia Chai blends a strong black tea with aromatic Indian spices and herbs. It truly embodies the beautiful sunsets of India with unique and bright flavors.
Our new Teasia Chai got us inspired to push the limits and experiment with the beautiful flavors to see if we can create Chai infused dishes that will breathe fresh air into an old classic. In order to celebrate properly we’re baking up tried and true sugar cookies and topping them with a Teasia Chai tea icing to kick these cookies up a few notches.
This recipe is super simple but will blow your tastes buds away, let’s gets started.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 TSP baking soda
½ TSP baking powder
2 ¾ Cups all-purpose flour
1 Cup softened butter
1 TSP vanilla extract
1 ½ Cups white sugar
½ CUP Teasia Chai Tea, brewed
2 Cups powdered sugar
¼ TSP pure vanilla extract
1 ½ TBSP meringue powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded spoonful of cookie dough into balls or roll out and cut out your favorite shapes
- Place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown
- Let Teasia Chai Tea cool to room temperature.
- Combine powdered sugar and meringue powder in electric or stand mixer
- Add ¼ CUP of Teasia Chai Tea and vanilla extract to mixer
- Beat on medium speed for 5-10 minutes or until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Add more tea or powdered sugar depending on your desired consistency.
PRO TIP: Open a Teasia Chai Tea K-Cup pod and add the high quality loose leaves to your sugar cookie mix while blending all ingredients together to add additional spiced flavor.