So we know there’s more Here’s the perfect treat for a nice get together with friends and family. Enjoy this delectable coffee cream cake recipe with our single origin whole roasted coffee beans.
Ingredients for the Cake
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 ground Teasia Coffee El Salvador
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 vanilla
Ingredients for FILLING
- 1 eight oz. package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar aka powdered sugar
- 1 cup (238g) heavy cream
Ingredients for COFFEE ICING
- 3/4cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp ground Teasia El Salvador coffee
- 1/4cup half and half
- 4cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove. Use freshly ground espresso beans and add into mixture. Pour in the boiling water and remove from heat. Whisk and combine all ingredients well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add wet ingredient butter mixture and whisk together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Add into batter and whisk together.
- You may use two 8-inch round cake pans or two square cake pans depending on the shape you want. Pour batter into pans and cook for 16-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick is removed clean.
- Let the cakes cool to room temperature then cut them each in half, creating four layers instead of two. You may need to level the cakes slightly if there is a large dome.
- Use parchment paper to separate the sheets of cake and freeze for two hours so they’re easier to work with.
WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- Add cream cheese to stand mixer with paddle attachment, if you don’t have a stand mixer, don’t worry, a hand mixer works great too.
- Slowly add confectioners’ sugar and heavy cream. The consistency you’re looking for is a light and fluffy texture. Once done, transfer filling to a separate bowl using rubber spatula.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat. Use freshly ground espresso beans and add into mixture, turn off heat. Slowly add in half and half and whisk until incorporated.
- Next, add in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla and whisk until smooth and there are no lumps
- Let icing stand for a few minutes.
- It’s time to assemble the cakes. Take cake out of freezer and place one layer on cake stand and cover in whipped cream cheese frosting. Place another layer and add more frosting. Continue until all four layers are in place.
- Drizzle coffee icing over the top and allow it to spill over the sides.