Is it Friday yet? Don’t worry, while we wait, we can try some tea with cake. We have whipped up a recipe for the most delicious Earl Grey Tea cake. Earl grey tea is one of the best teas to bake with and there are countless recipes out there that include the essence of earl grey so we thought we’d create our very own. The flavor pairs well with simple vanilla.
If baking is one of your favorite pastimes or you love seeing that smile on someone’s face after they’ve tried what you’ve baked, then this one is for you. Don’t forget that adding some tea into a recipe can really add another depth of layer to your recipes and everyone will be in love once they taste this cake.
What You’ll Need:
2 Teasia Earl Grey Tea K-Cups
½ Cup butter
2 Cups flour
1 Cup sugar
4 Teaspoons baking powder
1 Cup whole milk
½ Teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Butter a cake pan
- In a small saucepan heat milk until hot
- Empty the contents of your Teasia Earl Grey Tea K-Cups into saucepan and let it steep for 10 minutes
- Scoop out tea leaves from milk and set saucepan aside
- In a bowl cream sugar and butter
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add vanilla and mix together
- In another bowl combine flour and baking powder
- Add ⅓ of flour mix and ½ of the tea milk to your butter bowl
- Repeat until all combined
- Pour into cake pan
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a serving tray
Ice with a simple vanilla frosting and top with your favorite seasonal fruits.
Please let us know your favorite recipe to add Teasia Earl Grey Tea K-Cups too in the comments below.