It’s that time of year again and we are just loving this scone recipe. Whether you’re going to bake this for Galentine’s or even your Valentine’s, this is something so delicious and visually pleasing. Don’t forget to bake an extra batch for work to share with everyone.
2 cups flour
¼ cup sugar (use less if you plan on adding chocolate chips)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
6 tablespoons of cold butter, cut into chunks
½ cup mini chocolate chips OR regular sized if you like larger chunks of chocolate
¾ cups + 1 tsp heavy cream, divided
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (We don’t recommend the imitation kind)
½ tsp red food coloring (for the pink color!)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut cold butter with a butter knife so it resembles large, coarse crumbs. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Mix wet ingredients: ¾ c heavy cream, egg , vanilla along with food coloring into a mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk, blend ingredients well and if you feel your mixture isn’t pink enough, add a couple more drops of red food coloring. Add flour to mixture and stir to form a soft dough.
- Lightly flour your surface such as a cutting board and pat into an 8-inch circle. Using a round or heart-shaped cookie cutter, start cutting out your desired shapes.
- Continue to gather scraps of dough and shaping the dough into a circle and using cookie cutter to make additional scones.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, brush the tops with heavy cream (1 tsp).
- Place in oven for about 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. To ensure even baking, rotate your baking sheet at the 8-minute mark.
- Once done, let the scones cool on a wire rack.
Last step: We love to enjoy this freshly baked scone with our Teasia Coffee single origin coffee! Our top recommended flavors are: Colombia Huila, Ethiopia Sidamo and Congo Kivu.
PRO TIP: You can cut out these cones into heart shapes by using a cookie cutter. Spray cookie cutter with some cooking spray to prevent dough from sticking.
Grown in volcanic soils high in the mountains of El Salvador, most of these beans tend to be softer and exhibit less acidity than typical Central American beans. However, ours are of the Bourbon variety and are known for a more complex flavor and aroma – these beans grow slower (higher altitude) allowing them more time to absorb nutrients and develop the best possible flavor.
When I first sipped this coffee it was very smooth. If I were to compare it to another coffee it would be a slightly softer brother of the Colombia Coffee. There’s a hint of apple after each sip along with a light after taste. This would pair wonderfully with a savory freshly baked cheese bread stick.
PRO TIP- Add a hint of milk or soy milk to get a wonderful creamy taste with each sip.
A couple of days ago we talked about our love affair with brunches. We even shared a recipe that was perfect for a brisk morning, Rose Black Bubble Tea. Today, we want to share your next brunch binge: Honey Buttered Biscuits. The perfect pastry to pair with our Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea. The nutty taste and aroma of our Tea paired with the flaky buttery honey drizzled biscuits is enough to make anyone’s Sunday morning dreams come true. In a perfect world I would tear apart each layer and use them as blankets of buttery bliss, but since that utopia doesn’t exist yet, I’ll settle for breakfast.
What You’ll Need:
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Cup milk
1 Teaspoon salt
¼ Cup honey
1 ½ sticks of cold unsalted butter
1 Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea K-Cup (Per person)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine: flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine: milk and honey. Stir until completely combined.
- Cut butter into chunks and add it to flour bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour into the size of peas.
- Add milk and honey mixture to the flour mix and mix until there are no dry spots.
- Flour your work surface and roll dough out into a large rectangle.
- Roll it until it’s about a ½ inch thick and fold in thirds like a letter.
- Roll in again and fold into thirds again.
- Roll again, this time until it’s 1 inch thick.
- Use a 3 inch biscuit cutter and cut as many biscuits as you can.
- Re-roll the scraps until you get as many biscuits as you can from the dough.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and brush tops with butter.
- Bake at 400 F for 12-14 minutes.
- While your biscuits are baking start brewing your Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea K-Cups.
We always serve our biscuits drizzled with honey and set out jams for guests. Also a nice touch would be tomake sure everybody has a nice hot cup of Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea to wash down these sweet treats. Let us know in the comments below how you serve your biscuits!
Halloween is near and pumpkin is filling the air, the farmers markets and well… almost every doorstep in America. The nights are getting longer and the air is cooler. It is a beautiful time to bake something festive. Chances are you are going to be invited to many Halloween parties this year and if you’re really spooky you might even be hosting a few! Sometimes it’s hard to not get wrapped up in the madness of scrolling on Pinterest for hours looking up cute Halloween recipes! I know I’m guilty. It’s important to me to have something festive but also nothing to crazy that I spend a full work day in the kitchen. That’s why these Pumpkin Pie Dunkers are perfect!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
¼ c. sugar
2 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
2 store bought pie crusts
½ c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl mix: pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and sugar.
- Sprinkle flour on your kitchen counter and roll out one pie crust.
- Spread pumpkin mixture evenly leaving a ¼ border around the edges.
- Top with the final pie crust.
- Brush all over with egg wash
- Cut into fry like shape.
- Bake until golden, 15-17 minutes.
- Serve with hot caramel sauce for dipping and wash it down with Teasia Black Tea
Let us know in the comments below if you’re bringing this to any of the halloween bashes you’ll be attending this October!
SHOP TEASIA TEA NOW