Day 11: Rooibos Lemongrass Tea
Flavor Highlights: I enjoyed the subtle sweetness of this tea. Although hesitant at first because I’ve never heard of Rooibos before, this drink exceeded my expectations.
I would enjoy this drink after a long day coming home to relax and enjoy a favorite TV show or book. The plus side of this drink is there’s no caffeine in it so I won’t have to worry about having trouble falling asleep.
What I liked most was the smoothness and sweetness of it. If you’re looking to add anything to this tea, I like it just the way it is.
For Day 4, I decided to pop in the Jasmine Green Tea kcup.
Flavor Highlights: I would recommend adding your favorite milk to this drink to help tone own the floral taste as it is pretty strong. If you like your teas sweet, don’t forget to add some sugar too!
Although this was not my personal favorite, I believe this drink would be best enjoyed while reading a book because of its’ energizing properties. I picked up on the floral aroma almost immediately. I didn’t like how much it smelled and tasted like flowers and I enjoy more toned down flavors for my tea. Several of my coworkers pick Jasmine Green Tea to be one of their top teas that they drink, but I’m more of a Green Tea type of girl.
Summer time BBQ’s are always great, but what’s a good treat to bring to that BBQ potluck you’re invited to? Deviled eggs are such a fun simple treat for everyone to enjoy, not to mention are extremely simple to make. The most time-consuming portion of this recipe is boiling he eggs! Presentation is key for this dish as well so don’t be afraid to use a piping bag opposed to a spoon. Once you get the technique down this will be a party favorite for you to make.
¼ cup of Mayonnaise
1 tsp White Vinegar
1 tsp Yellow Mustard
1/8 tsp Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Spanish Smoked Paprika
- Place eggs in saucepan making sure water is above 1.5 inches from eggs
- Heat uncovered on high until water begins to boil
- Once boiling, cover pan turning heat to low for 1 minute
- Remove from stovetop and leave covered for 15 minutes
- Rinse under cold water for approximately 1 minute
- Place eggs in ice cold water fo2-3 minutes
- Crack eggs individually running under cold water
- Gently pat dry with paper towel
- Slice eggs in half
- Remove egg-yolks into a medium bowl
- Place egg-whites on serving platter
- Mix mustard, salt, vinegar, pepper, and mayonnaise mashing yolks well
- Scoop egg-yolk mix into a piping bag with tip design of your choice
- Evenly pipe egg-yolks into egg-whites
- Sprinkle paprika and enjoy!
PRO TIP: The fresher the eggs, the harder they are to peel. Choose eggs that are 4-6 days older.
BEST DRINK – Teasia Green Tea on Ice
Whether you’re making a cup for yourself or for the whole family, don’t forget to add some honey and ice. Enjoy!
Share your favorite BBQ recipes with us in the comments below.
Using a blender to grind your coffee can be a good alternative if you don’t have access to a coffee grinder. Although some blenders have the “grinder” option you still need to proceed with caution. If you don’t grind the beans enough, you won’t get the most benefit of the bean. But if you grind too much you risk burning the beans’ natural oils with the heating blades, making the coffee taste bitter.
Another important tip to remember is to only grind what you will be using. Coffee will lose its freshness and flavor 30 minutes after being ground because of the exposure to oxygen. This being said, you will need to blend in small spurts. Our Brazil Fazenda roast is smooth, has light acidity, mild and buttery with hints of hazelnut and cocoa that balance the light and sweet berry tones.
- Set your blender on high or “grinder” speed.
- Scoop in ¾ of a cup of coffee beans at a time (remember to only blend what you need).
- Blend until you have the consistency desired.
Depending on you preferred brewing method is wat will dictate the kind of grind you will need:
For a full Teasia Coffee review by our good friend Missy’s Product Reviews she tried 3 of our most popular flavors:
- Brazil Fazenda – Medium Roast
- Colombia Huila – Medium Roast
- El Salvador – Medium Roast
She is also hosting a giveaway until June 4th, so don’t forget to enter there! Don’t forget to follow us on:
Enter Giveaway Here
Connect with us!
With the weather finally getting warmer and more spring-like, a nice rich creamy Frappuccino is a must to try! Why spend so much money at a coffee shop, when you can make this delicious Frappuccino in your own kitchen. And the recipe is so easy that you would want to make this every day!
Prep: 10 mins | Total: 10 mins
Makes: 2 Cups of Frappuccinos
4 tbsp. roasted coffee beans (we recommend the Teasia Coffee Indian Monsooned Malabar flavor)
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup canned coconut milk
3 tbsp. honey
3 cups of ice cubes
Optional: Whipped cream
- Grind the coffee beans as instructed on the box
- Combine the ground coffee with all ingredients and place into a blender
- Blend until it becomes an icy slush-like consistency
- Pour into a tall glass and add a cute straw to be fancy!
- If you want you can add whipped cream and sprinkle some cocoa powder on top.
- Enjoy your wonderful creation!
See, not too bad! Who said you can’t make your own coffee drinks at home. With only a few ingredients, and super easy method, you can make your own Frappuccino in under 10 mins! If you liked this recipe, let us know and we’ll be more than happy to add more coffee recipes.
Note: Frappuccino® is a registered trademark of Starbucks. I am not claiming ownership of this trademark in any way. The name is simply used here for reference
PRO TIP: Make sure to brew your coffee right away after grinding to maintain the best flavors of our single origin coffee beans.
Leave your comments below and stay tuned for more recipes.
Summer is right around the corner and those sunny days are here to stay (for a while, at least). We are sharing one of our favorite recipes because who doesn’t love popsicles? This recipe is great for the kids and its also caffeine free.
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 4 hrs | Total: 4 hrs 20 mins
Makes: 10-12 popsicles
Popsicles without Fruit
3 kcups of Honeybush tea
1 teaspoon of honey per cup (agave nectar works well here for fellow Vegans)
Sweetener for taste
1. Brew the tea as usual
2. Pour into a cup and add sweetener to taste while it is still hot
3. Set aside until completely cooled
4. Pour the sweetened tea into popsicle molds
5. Freeze for a few hours or overnight until completely frozen.
Popsicles with Fruit
3 kcups of Honeybush tea
1 teaspoon of honey per cup (agave nectar)
Sweetener for taste
Few chunks of fruit of your choice. We recommend apricots!
- Brew kcups per instructions on the box.
- Pour into a cup and add sweetener to taste while it is still hot.
- Let it sit till it cools down.
- While the tea cools down, cut fruit into small chunks or slices.
- Pour sweetened tea into popsicle molds.
- Add the chunks/slices of fruit into the molds.
- Freeze overnight.
If you’re looking for another caffeine free tea, try our Rooibos Lemongrass Tea.
PRO TIP: Try adding additional fruits to make a mixed fruit popsicle everyone will enjoy. If you have any recipes you’d like to share with us, write it in the comments below.
For most of us, our day doesn’t start until we’ve had our cup of coffee. But some of us don’t have a coffee maker and that keeps us from getting our daily kick of caffeine in the morning! However, fret not, because you don’t always need a coffee maker to brew your coffee. It can be done without it too!
All you need is some roasted coffee beans, a grinder, filter, and some hot water! We have 25 new flavors of roasted whole beans that come in a variety of flavors and notes. Grab a pack now! Here are some of our recommendations:
Teasia Coffee Colombia Huila
Teasia Coffee Costa Rica
Teasia Coffee Malawi
Teasia Coffee Timor
Let’s dive into the making of coffee!
- Measure a tablespoon of coffee for one cup
- Grind your coffee on medium, it should end up looking like sand
- Place your filter on top of the coffee cup
- Pour a tiny amount of water on the grounds and let them sit for 30 seconds
- Pour half of the water slowly over the grounds (30 second duration)
- Pour the rest of the water in smaller increments (three or four)
- Toss the filter with the grounds
- There you have it! If you like, you can add creamer and sugar. But congrats on making your very own fresh cup of coffee!
Next time you find yourself waking up somewhere without a coffee maker, don’t worry. You can easily make your coffee if you just follow the steps above!
Pro Tip: If your coffee tastes too bitter, add more coffee. If it tastes too sour, reduce the amount of coffee you use.
If you have any coffee making ideas for us, please share below in the comments section.
Post an interesting photo of your favorite coffee mug and tag us to win our BRAND NEW Coffee! We will select our favorite THREE entries.
GRAND PRIZE: Teasia Mug + 2 Packs of 8 oz Coffee (Flavors: Brazil Fazenda & Columbia Huila).
2nd PRIZE: 3 Packs of 8 oz Coffee (Flavors: Brazil Fazenda, Columbia Huila, & El Salvador).
3rd PRIZE: 3 Packs of 8 oz Coffee (Flavors: Brazil Fazenda, Columbia Huila, & El Salvador).
Don’t forget to follow @Teasiateas on Facebook & on Instagram. Only 1 entry per social media account. This giveaway will end Friday 04/20/18. Remember, your account must be public and you must be over 18 years of age or older to participate. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Continental U.S. Winners only. For more details, send us a DM.⠀
Just as we are getting ready to celebrate New Years Eve, we are going to share a couple recipes that have helped us get back on the right path after all that decadent holiday eating. You or someone you know may have experienced discomfort from overindulging on food or perhaps are always on the run trying to get everything squared away during the busy holiday season.
Our first recipe is a simple Honeybush Ginger Tea which all you’ll need is some fresh ginger and our Tea!
1 Teasia Honeybush Kcup
Fresh Ginger Root
- Brew tea as per directions
- Add freshly sliced ginger root
- You can also add a slice of lemon in there.
This simple recipe will surely help calm your stomach and it is also caffeine free, which will help you sleep better at night.
Did you also know that our Chamomile Mint Tea will also help sooth your digestive tract as well as help calm your cold symptoms? We recommend adding a drizzle of honey if you prefer something slightly sweetened or drink it as is.
Let us know what helps calm your upset stomach in the comments below.