A couple of days ago we talked about our love affair with brunches. We even shared a recipe that was perfect for a brisk morning, Rose Black Bubble Tea. Today, we want to share your next brunch binge: Honey Buttered Biscuits. The perfect pastry to pair with our Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea. The nutty taste and aroma of our Tea paired with the flaky buttery honey drizzled biscuits is enough to make anyone’s Sunday morning dreams come true. In a perfect world I would tear apart each layer and use them as blankets of buttery bliss, but since that utopia doesn’t exist yet, I’ll settle for breakfast.
What You’ll Need:
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Cup milk
1 Teaspoon salt
¼ Cup honey
1 ½ sticks of cold unsalted butter
1 Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea K-Cup (Per person)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine: flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine: milk and honey. Stir until completely combined.
- Cut butter into chunks and add it to flour bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour into the size of peas.
- Add milk and honey mixture to the flour mix and mix until there are no dry spots.
- Flour your work surface and roll dough out into a large rectangle.
- Roll it until it’s about a ½ inch thick and fold in thirds like a letter.
- Roll in again and fold into thirds again.
- Roll again, this time until it’s 1 inch thick.
- Use a 3 inch biscuit cutter and cut as many biscuits as you can.
- Re-roll the scraps until you get as many biscuits as you can from the dough.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and brush tops with butter.
- Bake at 400 F for 12-14 minutes.
- While your biscuits are baking start brewing your Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea K-Cups.
We always serve our biscuits drizzled with honey and set out jams for guests. Also a nice touch would be tomake sure everybody has a nice hot cup of Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea to wash down these sweet treats. Let us know in the comments below how you serve your biscuits!
Explore the Natural Flavors and Fragrant Aromas of Teasia Teas.
Teasia’s teas are selected from the highest grade tea leaves and processed naturally so you can enjoy the purest of flavor in every cup.
- Enjoy our 100% Natural Teas
- Premium Quality (in Kcups!)
- No Artificial Additives
- High in Antioxidants
Sip local, brew global! Take a trip around the world with Teasia’s International Series teas without leaving the comfort of your own home. Each tea has been selected for their unique geography and quintessential flavors from the popular British Earl Grey Tea and English Black Tea to the South African Honeybush Tea and Japanese Genmaicha Green Tea. Our Teasia International Series blends together teas from all different continents to give you a taste of what the world has to offer straight from a convenient K-cup.
This series has 3 caffeinated teas and 1 caffeine-free tea:
Genmaicha Green Tea
Genmaicha is a traditional Japanese green tea that is also known as “popcorn tea” due to the grains of rice that pop during the roasting process. The roasted rice lends to a rich and nutty aroma that blends perfectly with the fresh flavor of green tea.
Earl Grey Tea
Earl Grey Tea is a timeless classic that first became popular in England. Black tea is flavored with oil of bergamot, adding a sweet and light citrus aroma. The pleasant and fresh finish after each sip makes Earl Grey a perfect afternoon tea.
English Breakfast Tea
English Breakfast Tea is one of the world’s most popular black tea blends recognized by its robust and full-bodied flavor originating from Assam, Ceylon, and Kenya. We added a twist to this classic by adding Taiwan Black Tea leaves to the traditional blend. Enjoy with a splash of milk for a creamier texture.
Honeybush Tea (Caffeine-Free)
Honeybush Tea is cultivated during the flowering period of the honeybush plant, which is only grown in small areas of South Africa. This naturally caffeine-free tea has a distinctive honey taste and is commonly enjoyed with milk and sugar or on ice!
Not sure which flavor you like best? We have a variety pack where you can try all four flavors! Shop Now. Let us know which flavor you love most on the comments below!