Honeybush is kinda our JAM. Just kidding, (not really) but it really has become one of our favorite jelly additions. Honeybush tea has flavors from South Africa which are light, and woody with a taste of honey. The naturally lightly sweetened caffeine free tea is perfect for a fruity and delicious jelly. Which is exactly what our Honey Buttered Biscuits from earlier in our 12 days of Christmas needs to be paired with. Which is why I want to share with you the perfectly light and sweet topping to a flaky biscuit. Made with Teasia Honeybush Tea K-Cups to create the highest quality taste, this jelly is sure to delight all the little (and big) elves running around your house.
What You’ll Need:
The contents of 6 Teasia Honeybush Tea K-Cups
Sure-Jell premium fruit pectin (follow instructions on box for quantity)
3 ¼ Cups sugar
2 ¼ Cups boiling water
¼ Cup fresh lemon juice
1. Steep Teasia Honeybush Tea Contents in boiling water for 5 minutes
2. Strain water into a 6-8 quart pan
3. Add pectin, lemon juice and sugar to the pan
4. Bring to a boil over high heat
5. Cook for 25-30 mins stirring occasionally
6. Candy thermometer should read 220 F
7. Transfer the jelly into mason jars
8. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks
Pro-Tip: Serve with our Honey Buttered Biscuit!
Please leave us a comment below letting us know if you gave this recipe a try!
A couple of days ago we talked about our love affair with brunches. We even shared a recipe that was perfect for a brisk morning, Rose Black Bubble Tea. Today, we want to share your next brunch binge: Honey Buttered Biscuits. The perfect pastry to pair with our Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea. The nutty taste and aroma of our Tea paired with the flaky buttery honey drizzled biscuits is enough to make anyone’s Sunday morning dreams come true. In a perfect world I would tear apart each layer and use them as blankets of buttery bliss, but since that utopia doesn’t exist yet, I’ll settle for breakfast.
What You’ll Need:
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Cup milk
1 Teaspoon salt
¼ Cup honey
1 ½ sticks of cold unsalted butter
1 Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea K-Cup (Per person)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine: flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine: milk and honey. Stir until completely combined.
- Cut butter into chunks and add it to flour bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour into the size of peas.
- Add milk and honey mixture to the flour mix and mix until there are no dry spots.
- Flour your work surface and roll dough out into a large rectangle.
- Roll it until it’s about a ½ inch thick and fold in thirds like a letter.
- Roll in again and fold into thirds again.
- Roll again, this time until it’s 1 inch thick.
- Use a 3 inch biscuit cutter and cut as many biscuits as you can.
- Re-roll the scraps until you get as many biscuits as you can from the dough.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and brush tops with butter.
- Bake at 400 F for 12-14 minutes.
- While your biscuits are baking start brewing your Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea K-Cups.
We always serve our biscuits drizzled with honey and set out jams for guests. Also a nice touch would be tomake sure everybody has a nice hot cup of Teasia Genmaicha Green Tea to wash down these sweet treats. Let us know in the comments below how you serve your biscuits!