It’s that time of year again and we are just loving this scone recipe. Whether you’re going to bake this for Galentine’s or even your Valentine’s, this is something so delicious and visually pleasing. Don’t forget to bake an extra batch for work to share with everyone.
2 cups flour
¼ cup sugar (use less if you plan on adding chocolate chips)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
6 tablespoons of cold butter, cut into chunks
½ cup mini chocolate chips OR regular sized if you like larger chunks of chocolate
¾ cups + 1 tsp heavy cream, divided
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (We don’t recommend the imitation kind)
½ tsp red food coloring (for the pink color!)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut cold butter with a butter knife so it resembles large, coarse crumbs. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Mix wet ingredients: ¾ c heavy cream, egg , vanilla along with food coloring into a mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk, blend ingredients well and if you feel your mixture isn’t pink enough, add a couple more drops of red food coloring. Add flour to mixture and stir to form a soft dough.
- Lightly flour your surface such as a cutting board and pat into an 8-inch circle. Using a round or heart-shaped cookie cutter, start cutting out your desired shapes.
- Continue to gather scraps of dough and shaping the dough into a circle and using cookie cutter to make additional scones.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, brush the tops with heavy cream (1 tsp).
- Place in oven for about 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. To ensure even baking, rotate your baking sheet at the 8-minute mark.
- Once done, let the scones cool on a wire rack.
Last step: We love to enjoy this freshly baked scone with our Teasia Coffee single origin coffee! Our top recommended flavors are: Colombia Huila, Ethiopia Sidamo and Congo Kivu.
PRO TIP: You can cut out these cones into heart shapes by using a cookie cutter. Spray cookie cutter with some cooking spray to prevent dough from sticking.
GIVEAWAY ALERT! Spread the LOVE of Coffee & Tea with your significant other this month! 😍 ⠀
Enter on Facebook : Teasia Valentine’s Giveaway (Facebook)
Enter on Instagram: Teasia Valentine’s Giveaway (Instagram)
To enter, simply follow the steps below: ⠀
1. Follow us @teasiatea ⠀
2. Like this post.⠀
3. Comment and leave your favorite love emoji below and tag 3 friends!⠀
Giveaway Rules: ⠀
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Winner must live in the U.S.A. Contest is not affiliated with Instagram. WINNER WILL BE PICKED AT RANDOM. Winner announced February 18, 2019.⠀
A wonderful latte, gets better and better with each sip. The well-balanced and full bodied flavor is nicely accentuated with notes of black tea, sweet apricot along with a tang of orange juice. This coffee Burundi was made with soy milk and it really complements the coffee beans. A perfect latte to drink during the cold winter and huddle around a campfire or cozy up under a warm blanket. This latte goes down really smooth and has a wonderful after taste full of honey and soy milk.
Our Burundi coffee plant is grown in volcanic rich soil in the region of Mbirizi at an altitude of 1700-1800 meters. If you love East and Central African coffees such as Rwanda, Tanzania and Kivu, this roast is for you!
PRO TIP- Don’t feel like a warm drink? Make it an iced latte by adding some ice cubes and more soy milk for that creamy texture.
Today’s coffee is prepared the old fashioned way in the coffee maker. The Brazil Fazenda is smooth with light acidity and has a mild and buttery taste with hints of hazelnut and cocoa.
Highlights: A strong coffee with a smooth taste to it that I really enjoyed. It’s a great coffee for everyday and I would recommend it for someone who doesn’t drink coffee daily too. The cocoa flavor is very enjoyable with every sip you take. The best food to pair with would be a breakfast sandwich on a croissant.
PRO TIP- If you feel the cocoa taste is too strong, add some sugar to balance it out with some sweetness.
Next week, Jose is trying our Burundi which is full-bodied with notes of black tea, sweet apricot, juicy cherry and a tang of orange juice.
We are ringing in the New Year with this delightful treat that’s low carb and sugar free!
This recipe is extremely fun and simple, not to mention gives a beautiful presentation for when you have guests over.
Brazil Fazenda is a medium roast from South America. This roast is smooth, has light acidity with buttery hints of hazelnut and cocoa that balance the light and sweet berry tones. Don’t forget our whole roasted coffee beans are all single origin which means they’re all from one single farm. Take a trip around the world with all of our different beans from around the world.
2 Cups of Ricotta cheese
2 ½ teaspoons of dry gelatin
½ cup of hot brewed Brazil Fazenda Teasia coffee
1 teaspoon of instant espresso
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
Pinch of salt
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
Optional: Cocoa powder
- Prepare your gelatin and pour your hot Teasia coffee into the mix until dissolved
- Set aside to cool
- Blend well the salt, stevia, espresso, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract in a mixer
- Pour in the cooled gelatin coffee mixture to the mixer and blend all ingredients until smooth
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and blend on high until consistency has thickened
- Spoon into glass containers
- Sprinkle cocoa powder to garnish
- Refrigerate for two hours and enjoy!
PRO TIP: Use fresh whole coffee beans, but do not grind beans until you are going to begin this recipe. This will ensure the beans maintain their taste.
Leave your comments below to share your favorite coffee recipe.
Ring in the New Year with this recipe! Want to change up your latte game? Consider making a Teasia Coffee (Panama Boquete) Ice Cream Cake. You’ll be the hit of the party with this wonderful tasting treat.
1 19.5-ounce family size box brownie mix (additional required ingredients)
1 28-ounce container coffee ice cream
1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of Teasia Coffee Panama Boquete (ground)
Preheat the oven to 350o. Line a 9 by 13-inch pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Prepare the brownie mix add Teasia Coffee Panama Boquete grounds into the brownie mix; pour into the pan and bake as directed. Let cool, then remove from the pan.
Cut out the three brownie circles: one the size of the bottom of the ice cream, one the size of the middle, and one for the top.
Carefully peel off the ice cream carton and remove the ice cream in one piece. Cut the ice cream in half crosswise.
Assemble the cake upside down on a baking sheet as shown; Put the largest brownie on the bottom, then the wider half of the ice cream, then the medium brownie, then the remaining ice cream, then the smallest one. Freeze for one hour.
PRO TIP: For larger portions, double this recipe to share with more friends and family!
Looking for a Splendid and delicious tea for the holidays, look no further because this Christmas Black tea taste like no other. The cinnamon sticks some pineapple all mixed with Black Tea really flow perfectly together giving it a taste you need to try. Don’t let me tell you all about it go ahead and make it for yourself today!
2 cinnamon sticks
2 tbsp whole cloves
3 cups sugar (1.5 cup for less sweet)
1 qt. boiling water
1 kcup of Teasia Black Tea
3 lemons squeezed
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup orange juice
3 quarts boiling water
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; remove from heat. Add some Teasia black Tea; Cover for at least 3-5 minutes according to taste. Discard tea k-cups. Stir in 3 cups of sugar until dissolved. Transfer to a pitcher; cool slightly. Stir in 1 cup of pineapple juices and orange juices.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Serve over ice. Garnish as desired.
PRO TIP: For a stronger tea flavor, add 3 Teasia Black tea kcups (brewed) and reduce the amount of water you boil.
Let us know how you enjoy this recipe.
The holidays are here! Start it off right with a Bundt Cake made with your favorite Teasia Coffee flavor. By the end of this holiday season your whole family will want the recipe. A fun and favorable recipe that all your family members will surely enjoy, don’t take our word make it yourself today.
Vegetable oil spray
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup of Uganda Bugisu (brewed)
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the cake: Place the cup of brewed Uganda Bugisu coffee, butter, and cocoa in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl. Heat, stirring, until the butter melts. Remove from the heat, and whisk until smooth. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is cooling, put the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking to combine.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix until thoroughly combined. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and mix again to incorporate any residue.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, eggs, and heavy cream. Mix into the chocolate batter, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Thoroughly grease a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan, preferably non-stick. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake for 50 to 55 minutes, until a long toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Note: a pan with a dark interior will bake the cake more quickly; start checking at about 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, wait 5 minutes, and turn the pan over onto a cooling rack. After 5 more minutes, lift the pan off the cake. Let the cake cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing: Combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl, or in a saucepan set over medium heat. Heat until the cream starts to bubble around the edges.
- Remove from the heat, and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Spoon the icing over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
- Store any leftover cake at room temperature, well wrapped, for several days. Freeze for longer storage.
PRO TIP: To intensify the chocolate flavor of this cake and cut down on the sweetness level, try a stronger brew of Teasia Coffee .
STRONG: Teasia Rwanda Coffee
SWEET: Teasia Tanzania Peaberry Coffee
What to bring to that holiday potluck? You’ve exhausted all of your go-to dishes but don’t worry, we have something to share!
Deviled eggs are such a fun simple treat for everyone to enjoy, not to mention are extremely simple to make. The most time-consuming portion of this recipe is boiling he eggs! Presentation is key for this dish as well so don’t be afraid to use a piping bag opposed to a spoon. Once you get the technique down this will be a party favorite for you to make.
¼ cup of Mayonnaise
1 tsp White Vinegar
1 tsp Yellow Mustard
1/8 tsp Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Spanish Smoked Paprika
- Place eggs in saucepan making sure water is above 1.5 inches from eggs
- Heat uncovered on high until water begins to boil
- Once boiling, cover pan turning heat to low for 1 minute
- Remove from stove top and leave covered for 15 minutes
- Rinse under cold water for approximately 1 minute
- Place eggs in ice cold water for 2-3 minutes
- Crack eggs individually running under cold water
- Gently pat dry with paper towel
- Slice eggs in half
- Remove egg-yolks into a medium bowl
- Place egg-whites on serving platter
- Mix mustard, salt, vinegar, pepper, and mayonnaise mashing yolks well
- Scoop egg-yolk mix into a piping bag with tip design of your choice
- Evenly pipe egg-yolks into egg-whites
- Sprinkle paprika and enjoy!
PRO TIP: The fresher the eggs, the harder they are to peel. Choose eggs that are 4-6 days older.
Best Drink – Teasia Green Tea on Ice
Whether you’re making a cup for yourself or for the whole family, don’t forget to add some honey and ice. Enjoy!
Don’t miss out this awesome Holiday Gift Giveaway! Buy a few bags of freshly roasted single origin coffee beans as gifts and save some for yourself too.
Two winners will receive a prize. Continental U.S. Winners Only. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Enter to win here: https://mysillylittlegang.com/2018/11/23/teasia-whole-bean-coffee-review-giveaway/
Thank you and Good Luck!!!