Halloween is near and pumpkin is filling the air, the farmers markets and well… almost every doorstep in America. The nights are getting longer and the air is cooler. It is a beautiful time to bake something festive. Chances are you are going to be invited to many Halloween parties this year and if you’re really spooky you might even be hosting a few! Sometimes it’s hard to not get wrapped up in the madness of scrolling on Pinterest for hours looking up cute Halloween recipes! I know I’m guilty. It’s important to me to have something festive but also nothing to crazy that I spend a full work day in the kitchen. That’s why these Pumpkin Pie Dunkers are perfect!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
¼ c. sugar
2 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
2 store bought pie crusts
½ c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl mix: pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and sugar.
- Sprinkle flour on your kitchen counter and roll out one pie crust.
- Spread pumpkin mixture evenly leaving a ¼ border around the edges.
- Top with the final pie crust.
- Brush all over with egg wash
- Cut into fry like shape.
- Bake until golden, 15-17 minutes.
- Serve with hot caramel sauce for dipping and wash it down with Teasia Black Tea
Let us know in the comments below if you’re bringing this to any of the halloween bashes you’ll be attending this October!